Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Skull, Roses, Portuguese Rooster

Skull  
mixed media on paper
 19 x 28
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing.  I am trying to work more from life so all of my work today is from life, not photos.  This was fun to do.  I am quite proud of the result.  I feel like maybe I should loosen up a bit more.  I got a little tight with this one. The drippy lines through the skull were a happy accident :)
Roses
mixed media on paper
 18 x 24
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing.   I used some printmaking paper that I had lying around.  I had fun creating the background but I think the paper is too thin.  This is not as successful as I would have hoped. The flowers are really hard to see. 
Portuguese Rooster
mixed media on paper
 18 x 24
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing.  This one is done on the same print making paper as Roses. Also not as successful as I would have liked.  This one and Roses are just exercises though just experimenting with the media and finding out what works and what doesnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...