Thursday, February 3, 2011

Brooklyn Bridge WIP- Day 2

Brooklyn Bridge WIP
oil on canvas 
 36 x 48
 Working on the sky.  I need to add clouds.  I also have an idea for how I am going to do the bricks on the bridge.  I want to get the sky done first though.  I am funny when I paint.  I like to think and plot out my next move.  Last night I did the under-painting and then thought about how I was going to do the sky.  Now I have done the sky and so need to plot how I am going to do the clouds.  I hope to have this 80-90% done tomorrow. 
This is a commission for one of my husbands co-workers.  His wife is from Brooklyn.  He wants to give this to her for Valentine's day.  I am giving my self until Monday to finish it so that it can be dry in time.  Reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...