Friday, February 11, 2011

Brooklyn Bridge WIP- Day 5

Brooklyn Bridge WIP
oil on canvas 
 36 x 48
I am out of my funk.  I havent worked on this the past few days because I wasnt really sure what I wanted to do next.  I woke up early this morning (6:30) determined to work through it and get this painting as close to finished as possible.  I love the way it is looking and it feels so good.  Much better then the ugly stage.  
I think I am pretty much done with the foreground.  I need to work out the background and make sure not to get too caught up in the details. It is the background and to keep the feeling of perspective I need to keep the city pushed back.  No sharp contrasts. No bright colors.  I need to show the atmosphere between the fore and backgrounds. 
This is a commission for one of my husbands co-workers.  His wife is from Brooklyn.  He wants to give this to her for Valentine's day.   Reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...