Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brooklyn Bridge WIP- Day 4

Brooklyn Bridge WIP
oil on canvas 
 36 x 48
Welcome to the ugly phase.  In my experience every painting goes through an ugly phase and as an artist it is my job to bring it out.  I began adding in the lights.  As I did this I realized I may have made the darks a bit too dark so I will need to fix them. I added the water and am happy with the way it looks.  I still need to work on the city in the background more.  Lets see if I get this done tomorrow... 
This is a commission for one of my husbands co-workers.  His wife is from Brooklyn.  He wants to give this to her for Valentine's day.  I am giving my self until Monday to finish it so that it can be dry in time.  Reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...