Wednesday, February 2, 2011

More Sketches

Butterfly for Rachel
pen on paper
 8 x 5.5
Pandas for Megan
pen on paper
 8 x6
This past week I went on vacation to NorCal and besides having an awesome (yet painful) time learning to snowboard I met up with a bunch of my family.  My second cousin has 3 beautiful kids and once they heard I was an artist they asked if I could draw them something.  The 5 year old asked for a butterfly and the 8 year old asked for pandas.  Reference found online on a Driod phone.

 Sleepy Husband 
pen on paper
5 x 7 
More from my daily sketch journal (the rest of the sketches I post for today will be from my daily sketch journal).  My husband was in Japan for 3 weeks.  This was done the night he got home.  He had traveled for 36 hours that day and was exhausted.  It made him a great model :) 

 Leaf
pen on paper
5 x 7 
I swept a lot of leaves at work on this day and so decided I should sketch one of these many leaves.  I think I may one day use this as reference for a watercolor painting. 
 I Forgot
pen on paper
5 x 7 
Two my girlfriends and I went to San Diego for the VH1 Divas concert back in December and when we arrived at our destination I realized I forgot to pack a few things.  Namely a toothbrush, toothpaste, and pajamas.  Desperate times call for desperate measures so the above sketched socks became my toothbrush for that evening until I could get one the next day.  The sock is a continuous line semi blind contour drawing. 

So this is the last of my sketches I will be sharing for a bit because.... I am back to school!! And I am actually super super excited for this semester.  I am taking Sculpture 1, Mixed Media Painting and Drawing, and Surrealism, Stylization and Expression.  It is going to be a fun and expressive.  An awesome amazing quote from this first week "We are only using the model as an excuse to paint."  SAY WHAT?!?! You mean I dont need to get every proportion and value and line perfect? You mean I may actually enjoy drawing the figure?  I predict this is going to be a very very good semester.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...