Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cypress Sunset
watercolor on paper
  9 x 12
For Landscape Painting. Abstract landscape.  Abstract is sooo not my thing, but I tired.  I took this image driving home from the beach.  I loved the way the sun was setting behind these trees.  It would not have been safe for me to paint this in real life as I would have been staring directly into the sun.  This is my first piece this semester (besides the midterm) not done on location.  I wanted to capture how huge the sun is on the horizon.  I think it has a sort of Van Gogh feel to it :)

Crashing Wave
watercolor on paper
  9 x 12
For Landscape Painting. Abstract landscape.  Done at the beach en plein air, trying to capture the movement of the waves.  Much easier said then done.  This is my first attempt at an "abstract" landscape. I actually started this yesterday and finished it today by adding some blue ink into the wave. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...