Saturday, July 23, 2011

Plein Air- Mugu Lagoon Morning & Night

Morning at Mugu Lagoon 
watercolor on paper
  9 x 12
For Landscape Painting. Same scene different time of day.  Back at the Mugu Estuary.  This is become my fave place to paint.  This was done in the late morning.  I was really attracted to the way the light hit the mountains and the pattern of the water. 
 
Night at Mugu Lagoon 
watercolor on paper
  9 x 12
For Landscape Painting. Same scene different time of day. My first attempt at painting at twilight.  I started this around 8pm hoping to catch the last light of the day.  I didnt get to spend as much time as I would have liked since the sun quickly went down.  The nice colors I saw when I got there started to blend into each other. What also made this interesting is there wasnt much light on my paper or my palette sooo I had to sort of guess what colors I was mixing.  I am really glad I tend to set up my palette the same way every time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...