Monday, July 18, 2011

Plein Air- Verona Trattoria, 2145

Verona Trattoria
watercolor on paper
  9 x 12
For Landscape Painting. Urban Landscape.  I had almost no inspiration for this assignment.  I went out once late in the day to find a place to paint and ended up just driving around for an hour.  Today I decided I needed to get these done so I went to old town and tried to find some compositions I liked.  
I was drawn to this restaurant because of the awesome cadmium red umbrellas. 

2145
watercolor on paper
  9 x 12
For Landscape Painting.  Urban Landscape.  I liked this composition because of the white umbrella.  As I was drawing in my composition someone came out and took the umbrella away so I had to paint it from memory.  About half way though I wanted to scrap it and go home, but I didnt and I am glad that I stuck with it. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...