Saturday, July 9, 2011

Plein Air- Morning at Channel Islands Water Tower

Morning at Channel Islands Water Tower
 watercolor on paper
 12 x 9
For Landscape Painting. Paint the same scene at different times of day.  I have to go back here after work and paint this again.  I really dont want to as painting at this location was miserable.  It was hot, I was being attacked by bugs, and the tops of my feet started to sunburn.  It was not a nice fun relaxing painting experience.  I hope it is nicer this afternoon. 
Despite how not fun it was to paint this I like the result.  My favorite part is the color scheme.  The blues and blue-violet with a splash of orange.  
In real life there is a tree next to the water tower but I feel like the composition is stronger without it.  I really like the simplicity of it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...