Friday, October 21, 2011

Revisions- Them Apples, Orchid, Lantana, Tea and Posies

I had to send some of my paintings to my instructor but before I sent them I worked back into a few keeping in mind my instructors critiques.  

How Do You Like Them Apples?
  11 x 14
  watercolor on aquaboard
In this I softened some of the shadow edges on the apples and played with the colors in the leaves.  

Orchid
  12 x 9
  watercolor on illustration board
I deepened all of the colors by adding a wash of cerulean blue. I also pulled out some more whites and darked the base.  

Lantana
  12 x 9
  watercolor on paper
I used prisma colored pencils to darken the background and give it texture.  

Tea and Posies 
9x12
watercolor on gessoed illustration board
All I did for this was adjust the angle on the white cloth.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...