Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Plein Air- Old White House, Old House at Satwiwa, Limited Value Oak

Old White House
watercolor on paper
  9 x 12
 Done en plein air for Landscape Painting.  One of two studies for a larger midterm project. I prefer the colors and composition of this one.  It isnt my original idea but I think it is more successful.  I used Cad Yellow in almost all of my color mixes to help harmonize the colors.   

Old House at Satwiwa
watercolor on paper
  9 x 12
 Done en plein air for Landscape Painting.  One of two studies for a larger midterm project.  You can tell this was done earlier in the day while my other one was done later.  The colors in this are a bit too garish for my liking and I dont feel like the composition works very well.  

 Limited Value Oak
watercolor on paper
  12 x 9
 Done en plein air for Landscape Painting.  This week we are to focus on the values and not so much the color.  This was so hard for me to do as the mountains are so so beautiful right now.  My favorite thing about painting is color and not using color was awful.  I also found it hard to just see value. I added the warm colors in the foreground to help give the piece a better felling of the perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...