Friday, June 24, 2011

Plein Air- Calleguas Creek Watershed, Foggy Day at Pt Mugu

Calleguas Creek Watershed
watercolor on paper
  12 x 9
 Done en plein air for Landscape Painting.  This weeks assignment was to work on atmospheric perspective.  It was a perfect day today to paint because of the nice June Gloom fog we have been having.  I had a hard time trying to decide what to paint.  I drove around for an hour and ended up where I have painted a couple of times before.  Of the two I did today this one is my favorite.  
 
 
Foggy Day at Pt Mugu
watercolor on paper
  9 x 12
 Done en plein air for Landscape Painting.  This weeks assignment was to work on atmospheric perspective. It was hard to get the correct feel in this piece and I dont think my colors are bold enough.  It was a very gray day and this is a very gray painting. I have painted at the spot before on a sunnier day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...