Tuesday, May 10, 2011

If You Hear A Voice

If You Hear A Voice 
mixed media on board
  15 x 11
For Mixed Media Painting & Drawing. This is soo awesome!! I really enjoyed the process in creating this piece and I even ended up with a nice product.  It is layers of tissue paper (from Teavana), fancy paper, card stock with the quote, yellow ochre and burnt umber acrylic (finger painted on!), and gold dust.  The focal point of this piece is a quote from Van Gogh- "If you hear a voice withing you say 'you cannot paint,' by all means paint and that voice will be silenced."  I have a wall of art quotes hanging in my studio and this is the first one that spoke to me today.  Since this was so successful maybe I will turn all of my quotes into art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...