Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beautiful Dragon Like Honeybee, Freight, An Offering


Beautiful Dragon Like Honeybee WIP
wax
 ~ 8 inches
 For Sculpture 1.  Began in wax to be later cast in bronze. This is the beautiful part.  A day lily for my little dragon bee to rest on. Working on this gave me a blister.  Ouch! I didnt like the way the petals are sitting on the first one, there is something unnatural about it so I overlapped them a bit differently.  Instead of attaching them one to the other I changed it to having a central 3 and then adding the other 3 onto those.   Like a real lily, which I actually went and bought and they smell so so good :)
I must say I love the flexibility of the medium. To be able to take it apart and not have to start over from scratching is both refreshing and wonderful.
Option 2.  More natural looking with the petals overlapping.
Which do you like better?  I think I like the first one better which means I get to take it apart again, yeah...

 Freight
oil on wood
  42 x 27
 For Surrealism, Stylization & Expression.  100% plaette knife on found wood.  This is huge! and using a palette knife uses sooo much paint.  I sure enjoyed the process though.
An Offering
oil on wood
  27 x 24
 For Surrealism, Stylization & Expression. Finished... I think.   I tried doing her face 4+ times.  It was just not working so I left it sort of blurry.  Any suggestions woud be appreciated.  I kind of feel like just painting  the face over like her hair and then not having a face at all.
Other then the face I love every other aspect of it :) Previous step.
  Reference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...