Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Calla Lilies- Nectarine Tree- Funky Forest- Cardboard Clouds- Earth, Sun, Sky, Space

Calla Lilies 
mixed media on found wood
  24 x 17
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing. I really let the pattern of the wood speak to me.  I saw leaves and from there it became calla lilies.  I also think I had calla lilies on the brain today.  As I was driving to the chiropractor this morning I saw a man picking calla lilies in a field. 
 Nectarine Tree  
mixed media on canvas board
  14 x 11
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing.  Looking up into my nectarine tree. I actually took this as a reference photo for another class :)

Funky Forest 
mixed media on gessoed Yupo 
 12 x 9
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing.  I love letting the materials guide me. I began by just applying the paint and seeing where it took me.  I think it looks like trees or volcanoes.  

Cardboard Clouds 
mixed media on gessoed cardboard  
 16 x 20 
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing. Again letting the materials guide me. When I wet the clear gesso it kind of turned white and reminded me of clouds.  It evolved from there.    Slightly inspired by my PCH Postcard painting. 

Earth, Sun, Sky, Space 
mixed media on found wood 
 17 x 24
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing.  Playing with the way the different media reacts to the wood.  The wood already had these lines that reminded me of Mondrian so I ran with that idea.  To me it signifies the earth, the sun, the sky, and space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...