Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chief, Year of the Rabbit, Hat Lady, Katrina Ballerina

Chief 
mixed media on raw linen
  24 x18
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing. For whatever reason the linen reminded me of Native Americans, so I took that idea and ran with it.  I love the way the feathers look.  Looking at it now I feel like the background needs something.  We'll see what my instructor has to say.  Reference.
 
Year of the Rabbit
mixed media on raw linen
  16 x 12
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing.  Inspired by the Chinese New Year.  This year is the year of the rabbit as is the year I was born :) Reference. 

Hat Lady
mixed media on raw linen
  12 x 16
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing. Lame title, I know.  Sometimes it is hard to come up for titles for these exercises.  If you have an suggestions I would love to hear them :) Reference. 

Katrina Ballerina 
mixed media on raw linen
  16 x 12
For Mixed Media Painting and Drawing.  Another silly title.  I like that it rhymes :) This was slightly inspired by Degas and his ballerina paintings. Reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...