Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mug 1 & Asparagus Avacado Soup

 Mug 1
clay
 ~ 4 inches
 For Head and Figure Sculpture. Our first assignment it to create 2 mugs- one of our own technique and one taught to us.  I did my own technique first so I would have have the influence of the other one.  This was much harder then it looks.  When you are creating additive sculpture you are usually adding clay to a mass.  With this there was a hollow area inside making it difficult to add clay.  I ended up creating a solid cylinder and the carving the center out.  Much easier then my first try (which I scrapped) that I tried to create using a coil method.  Hopefully the next one will go smoother.  
 
On a different note, I made the most delicious soup tonight.  While reading Prevention Magazine at work today I stumbled across a recipe for Asparagus Avocado Soup.  Soo soo yummy.  I used fresh locally grown produce and it turned out so well.  If you are interested here is the recipe-
 
Asparagus Avocado Soup
Cook 8oz asparagus. 
Add to blender with 1 chopped avocado, 1 1/4 cups cold water, 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream, and 2 Tbsp each chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice. 
Puree until smooth. 
Season to taste. 
Ladel into 4 bowls and top each with 1 Tbsp sour cream. 
Makes 3 1/4 cups

I had a bunch of asparagus so I doubled the recipe. I also didnt have any sour cream so I subed cream cheese and milk. To season I used salt, garlic powder, a little bit of pepper and extra fresh lime.

Enjoy :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...