Tuesday, February 7, 2012

3 little books




 Receipts, Quotes, & The Story of a Line
3.5 x 4.57 & 6.5 x2.5  
Japanese Rice Paper and Text weight paper
 My 3 little books. I used an 8 panel folding technique.  The pages are made from a single piece of folded paper.  Each book has its own concept-

-Receipts 1.28-2.4 2012- My receipts from buying supplies for this semester :)

-Quotes- Inspired by a list of art quotes I collected. They are
"There are no rules. That is how art is born, how breakthroughs happen."~Helen Frankenthaler 
"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."~Pablo Picasso
"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."~Frank Zappa
"I do not take drugs. I am drugs."~Salvador Dali
"Art is an experience, not an object."~Robert Motherwell
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."~Scott Adams

-The Story of a Line- This is an idea I would like to explore more.  It was supposed to be longer but I got 2 of my books mixed up so Quotes got longer and The Story of a Line got shorter. 

I was going to try and use card stock for the cover but 1) it was too difficult to fold well and 2) it was too heavy of a paper for my light weight rice paper. 

 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...