Monday, July 26, 2010

Goddess and Succulents

Title: Goddess
Medium: watercolor on paper
Size: 11 x 14
Inspiration: For my Watercolor 1 Summer class. Clothed figure. Reference found here.

Title: Succulent 
Medium: watercolor on paper
Size: 8 x 10
Inspiration: For my Watercolor 1 Summer class. We were to use the technique created by Burt Silverman.  Instead of using masking fluid, the paper is painted with white gouache and then the lights are lifted out.  With practice I could learn to like this technique.
Title: Split Rock at Twilight 
Medium: watercolor on paper
Size: 11 x 11
Inspiration: For my Watercolor 1 Summer class. Edited to make the ocean darker.  I think I will do one more adjustment to the shadow of the island on the right side and then be done with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...