Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lilies for Mother; Sunset for Sister

Title: Lilies for Mother 
Medium: oil on canvas
Size: approx 23 x 19
Inspiration: For my mom's birthday.  Her favorite flower is the day lily and her favorite color is purple. Reference found here. 
I have been working on this for a few weeks and have no posted it here for fear of my mom finding it.  I hope to create a Work in Progress for you to see how it came to be.

Title: WIP: Sunset for Sister
Medium: acrylic on canvas
Size: approx 24 x 36
Inspiration: For my sister.  She did me a huge favor and asked that I paint her a painting as a thank you.  From my imagination, no reference.  Doing this reminded me why I dont like acrylics.  They dry to darn fast.  I think I will finish this in oil. So then you could call this the underpainting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...