Monday, May 14, 2012

Fern, Quotables; Poppy, Thistle, Snap Dragon, and Sour Grass

 Fern 
12 x 9
venetian plaster, celluclay, found fern, wax, resin on wood
For Mixed Media.  Use multiple media and let the process guide you.  I began with the Venetian Plaster on wood.  I them added the celluclay to the edges creating a berm.  After the celluclay was dry I added the fern and the wax.  I wanted to see how wax and resin reacted so I decided to pour resin on top.  All of the materials are in the natural state.  I really like the play of textures and subtle colors and tones in the piece.  


Quotables: The Traveler's Gift- 7 Decisions of Success
text paper and tape
5.5 x 68
For book making.  Create a book using a leporello format.  I have been reading The Travelers Gift by Andy Andrews and was inspired to create a book highlighting the 7 Decisions of Success described in the book. 

Poppy, Thistle, Snap Dragon, and Sour Grass WIP
11 x 15
tea and watercolor on Reeves BFK
For Mixed Media.  My final project.  Each of these is going to have a flower on it done in a style similar to my Sketchbook Project 2012.  
 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...