Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nevermore

Nevermore 
27 x 24
butcher paper, charcoal, watercolor, ink, wood, metal tape, iron metal paint, patina solution
For Mixed Media.  Project 2.  Inspired by Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven.  The background is the entire poem. I began with a charcoal drawing on butcher paper.  I then added the poem, blue watercolor, and white pastel.  I didn't like the way that looked or how flimsy the butcher paper was so I decided to attach it to something solid.  I used metal tape to attach 6 wood boards together and then attached the paper using the metal tape. I then went over the raven with iron metal paint, added paint to the edges, and added drips.  Lastly I added patina solution to age the metal paint.  
Below are some WIP images. 


Here is an image transfer study I did for Nevermore. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...