Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Movin' & Packin'

A few weeks ago our rental company came to us and informed us that the owners of our home want to sell.  So guess what! We're moving!! We signed the lease and got the keys to our new house yesterday.  
It is a bit smaller then our current home but it is nice.  It is going to be exciting trying to figure out how to fit 4 bedrooms into 3 but I have confidence that we will be able to do it.   
With each move, this will be our 4th in 6 years, I believe we have a theme song.  The theme song for this move is- 

The most interesting part of moving for me it going through all of my old art work.  I find things that arnt my best works but that give me ideas on how to rework them and make them better.  I have so many creative pieces that just need a little more love to be awesome.   I also found a pair of windows that I got almost 5 years ago that I want to turn into a sort of shadow box.  Soo many projects, so little time :) 

Wish me luck setting up my new house and studio.  Hopefully we wont have to do this again for another 2 years.

Today is also my last day of Summer Semester.  Fall Semester starts September 1st so I dont get much of a summer break.  Oh well.  I will be taking Head and Figure Sculpture, Still Life Painting 2, Quick Studies, and Small Business Entrepreneurship.  It is going to be a busy semester BUT I only have 7 classes left until I graduate!!! 

Stay tuned, on Saturday the 13th I will be posting some tips on how to keep a daily sketch journal.  

Have a great rest of your week. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...