Friday, September 11, 2009

Throw the rules away


Title: F* the Rules
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas 
Size:24x35
Inspiration: I decided I was tired of following the art rules and I just wanted to relax and let go.  I began by losely putting paint on to the canvas and then I started throw paint at it for fun.   Not my best most inspired piece but it felt good to relax and not care what it ended up looking like.  This will probably be covered over and turned into something else. 

I had lots of leftover paint and so decided to painting another canvas. 

Title: Jessica
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas 
Size:9x12
Inspiration: I saw a painting in a magazine with this sort of idea.  I had my little sister in mind as I was doing it because tomorrow is her birthday.  The numbers of lines all have something to do with her. The top 9 are her birth month, the right 12 are her birth day, the bottom 19 are her age, the left 7 are her first name, the 4 horizontal are her middle name, 7 more for her last name, 7 for my name, and then 3 for how many years part we are.  I like this one much better then the other one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...