Tuesday, April 27, 2010

3 Paintings, 1 Drawing, 1 Day

Title: Penitent Man
Medium: oil on canvas board
Size: 16 x 20
Inspiration: For Figure Painting. Foreshortened head. I have now sculpted, drawn, and painted this guy. My school likes to use him as a model a lot.  This was difficult because began it on Friday and finished it today.  It had time to dry and become tacky in between so while working on it today it was really really hard to blend. I think it ended up nicely though. 

Title: On your Mark, Get Set
Medium: oil on canvas board
Size: 18 x 24
Inspiration: For Figure Painting. Foreshortened figure.  I really really like the way this guy turned out.  About 1/2 way through I turned him upside down and painted that way causing me to concentrate more on form and value rather then arms and legs.  I left my initial draw in marks because I think it gives is a nice sense of dynamic movement. 

Title: I Look Cute When I Do This
Medium: oil on canvas board
Size: 11 x 14
Inspiration: For Heads and Hands.  Working on painting in value.  It is much much harder then it looks.  I like using color better.  

Title: Kaylee
Medium: sanguine on paper
Size: 12 x 18
Inspiration: For Heads and Hands.  Final homework on Charcoal.  I think it turned out well.  I wish I had captured her smile a bit better.  I find the more I do these the quicker and easier they get.  Imagine that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...